25 Aralık 2010

I Never Promised You a Rose Garden

You know, it seems like I have developed a love for dystopian novels, since I have decided to re-read this book all over again. Perhaps I will see and/or discover new indepths and explore the richness of new point of view(s) .. Seeing things from new perspectives.. Will keep you posted though !

The first time I was aghast, for the storyline was so realistic and genuine. Moreover, I was seriously stunned how the writer managed to express a teenage girl's battle, her sobriety, her 'worlds' so vividly and sincere. Simply, def. recommended !



"Deborah, watching, saw what would be to her forever after the symbol of the impotence of all mental patients: the blow again, calm and accurate and merciless, and the spitting back again and again."

"I never promised you a rose garden. I never promised you perfect justice ... and I never promised you peace of happiness. My help is so that you can be free to fight for all of those things. The only reality I offer is challenge, and being well is being free to accept it or not at whatever level you are capable. I never promise lies, and the rose-garden world of perfection is a lie ... and a bore, too!"

"her presence was making them struggle with Maybes. Suddenly she realized that she was a Doris Rivera, a living symbol of hope and failure and the terror they all felt of their own resiliency and hers, reeling punch-drunk from beating after beating, yet, at the secret bell, up again for more."

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder